In the summer of 2018, 240 employees of the recruitment specialist YoungCapital followed the 5-day #Rechargeprogram.
And with success: after completing the program, the #Rechargers reported a healthier and more active lifestyle and higher energy levels. In addition, the program also had a positive influence on their mental resilience.*
“Even after 4 months the Rechargers were still more aware of their health and actively working on their well-being.” – Dr. Marcia Goddard – Neuroscientist
YoungCapital is a young company with 1,300 employees and an average age of 28. That made them the ideal partner for a research project that focused on the vitality of employees.
Neuropsychologist and behavioral scientist Marcia Goddard, one of YoungCapital’s in-house experts, has the job of making sure all the employees are kept as healthy as possible.
“Our people are our biggest asset, which is why a vitality program is really appealing for us. But we wanted to have evidence to show it really worked,” says Marcia. After looking at various other initiatives, she decided to take a closer look at our #Rechargeprogram.
Marcia explains: “We wanted to do a bit of scientific research first so we could measure the impact of the vitality program on the well-being of our employees”. The results of the program were very positive:
- The Rechargers eat 50% more fruit by the end of the program, and were still doing so four weeks later.
- 2 out of 3 Rechargers were consciously making an effort to lead a more active lifestyle. They started doing more physical exercise and increased the frequency of intensive sporting activities. This effect was still visible several weeks later.
- The Rechargers said they had 13% more energy by the end of the program. This percentage was still the same after 4 weeks.
- The Rechargers said they were thinking more consciously about their future goals in life and found it easier to cope with setbacks.
- Their attitude towards setbacks had also changed: they realized they could use these experiences to become stronger mentally.
- After 4 months, more than half of the Rechargers said they still used parts of the #Rechargeprogram to keep their vitality at the right level.
Marcia was delighted with the research findings: “These results show the #Rechargeprogram is an excellent match for our young target group and it will be a useful addition to our existing HR policy.”
“The Rechargers started thinking more consciously about their health, both in terms of a healthier diet and more physical exercise. They also felt more energetic and were thinking more consciously about their future and their life goals,” according to Marcia.
“The #Recharge program is definitely a valuable addition to a thorough, nuanced, and scientifically-proven way of reducing absenteeism levels. And the best part is, they are still leading a healthier lifestyle several months later.”